Our focus is on protecting your business or organization, but the bottom line is ROI.
While there are very real benefits to background screening involving personal safety and company reputation, the truth is a business owner likes to know that the expense of background checks pays off in dollars and cents. Our experience has shown us that the return on investment for the screening process is huge. In fact, you can weigh the cost of screening a new employee against every single potential downside expense and realize a profit in the balance. Consider the potential cost of:
- Discrimination lawsuits
- Workplace violence
- Employee theft
- Company scandal
- Training costs of bad hires
- Lost production
- Identity theft
- Intellectual property theft
A single incident in either of these categories can be damaging to a business. While background screenings are a real expense, their cost pales to the potential loss from any one of these dangers.
We know the challenges facing every business and organization. We work to keep your screening costs down by using our own proprietary Web-based search interface and training you or your representative to perform the searches. While we can do the searches ourselves and are always available for questions and assistance, having your own access to the search site saves you time and money.
We have also ensured that the quality of the results is exceptionally high. The searches are comprehensive and intelligently designed, and each negative result is researched and confirmed by a trained investigator.
Our customized search packages can be modified and fine-tuned to serve your needs — growing and adapting as your company grows.
10 Reasons We Can Save You Money
- Third-Party background checks are costly. Background checks access vast databases in thousands of different locations. Large screening companies charge top dollar to perform their searches, but we train you and allow you to access our Web-based search interface directly, saving you time and money. And we are always available for any assistance you may need, should the occasion arise.
- Résumé fraud drains your resources. Over half of applicants put false information on their résumés. Discovering this early allows you to terminate the application process before you incur additional expense and wasted time.
- Employee theft endangers your company. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce estimates that employee theft costs American companies nearly $40 billion per year. Because an employee has greater access to your resources, they are 15 times more likely than a non-employee to steal from you. This loss lessens your competitive edge; it also threatens to put you in the one-third of all business failures that happen due to employee theft.
- Hidden costs of bad hires can drag your company down. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the cost of a bad hiring decision can exceed 30% of the employee’s potential earnings during their first year. For management candidates, the figure is much higher. If you fail to carefully screen applicants, you may end up with employees who:
- Are unqualified to perform their work.
- Exhibit work habits out of line with your company’s standards.
- Possess attitudes and personalities that create conflict with coworkers and lower morale in the workplace.
- Have inappropriate expectations which eventually lead to low productivity and great dissatis